New arrivals!

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A mixed group of 9 adult Lychas mucronatus. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice there luc, guess they willl make a very nice communel set up having so many camoflouge scorpions :p~

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks guys!

Walton,

I already have one group. These will be separated into male-female pairs in small containers in order to observe their courtship and mating behaviors. At present, I have enough male and female specimens to create 6 pairs.
Oddly enough, there's actually very little information regarding this species in the literature!

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool~ then you can add on to the literature! hahah im still trying to bring up my 7 speciment from my previous litter. i will keep them till adult.. which is which instar luc? and do all scorpions mature AT SAME INstars? is it 7th instar?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Luc, if you keep on keeping these tropical scorps you might end up a Tityus lover yet LOL

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya B,

So, have ya recuperated from Arachnocon yet?
Don't get me wrong - some of the Tityus spp. I've seen photos of are very beautiful and from all of the literature I've read regarding the genus, they do seem like an interesting lot.
What's a bit strange is that while I find Lychas to be a very interesting group of bark scorpions, I have absolutely no interest in any other bark scorpion genus? They've even taken a backseat to my Andros and Mesobuthus!
Who knows, like Tom ("Tityus"), I may just one day find myself limited to just a single genus. Still looking for one that inspires that kind of dedication and interest. Maybe, I've finally found it? LOL

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Walton,

I don't know how many molts to maturity for L. mucronatus but I suspect it's probably in the range of 5-6.
All scorpions do not mature at the same instar. The range is quite broad: 4-9 instars. Based on published reports and the literature, 5-7 seems to be the average range for most scorpions.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Luc,
I am slowly getting rested from AC. Oh and your package arrived today :D

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
B,

Did everything arrive in good condition? Get tagged by anything nasty? You know, I had one of those evil little bastards (you know the one's) run across my hand and take-up the position before I quickly scooped it up into a vial.
Reggie Pocock was crazy and I don't care what any taxonomists say - those DO NOT belong in genus Mesobuthus!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
LOL, I'm still at work and havent looked at everything yet but they seem to be in great shape. I guess that bird drank some Red Bull before taking off from Michigan haha. I wasnt expecting it until tomorrow