First Molt for my Chilean Copper?

OneHopefulPoet

Arachnopeon
About 6-7 days ago, I decided that I wasn't going to feed my Chilean Copper after a 4 day craze of feeding every day. I was advised to not to feed it so that I wouldn't "power feed it"

The next day I noticed my T had crawled under its half-log, and pulled peat moss in behind it to close in the enclosure and make it dark. The T stayed under the half-log for about 3-4 days.

Yesterday I noticed my T had crawled back out, and was sitting ontop of it's half-log. So, I decided after a while of not feeding i'd get it some crickets. I went today and got two crickets, came home, and dropped them in. Soon after dropping them in I noticed a bunch of web fibers connected to the glass of the cage and the half-log.

My question is, is my chilean copper getting ready to molt? Should I take out the crickets, or give it a chance to eat them? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Paraphysa Scrofa too. I just love her to death.
And she can be a healthy eater if i let her. But what i normally do is if i see that my Ts don't eat the crickewt right away, i usually take it out after a couple of minutes. I try again in another occasion.
My P.Scrofa tends to hide out when she doesn't want to be bothered or about to molt.
Keep an eye on her.

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it doesn't go after the crickets take them out. The webbing it is making could mean nothing at all but could also be a molting hammock. The best indication of premolt is no interest in food.