Question on Molting

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My P.imps. were bought from a petstore about a month or more ago, is their anyway to tell what instar they are? I mean they are almost adult size, but just a inch or two short.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What size are they and how are you measuring? Most emps from petstores are WC adults.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Deolok said:
Heh I dont know what WC means, but they are about 6"
WC = wild captive

if they are 6 inches then they're most likely an adult:D

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh lol, just didn't understand the acronym. Thanks for the hint of knowledge :) Well yes I believe they were caught in the wild. The people at petco really dont have a clue as of what they are doing... They tell me to use a black light as a heating source rather then a heating pad... And so much more bs... I really want to go save that last emp their though. It must be quite miserable their now, not having any other scorps with you anymore and in that 1" of mulch terrarium.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Deolok said:
I really want to go save that last emp their though. It must be quite miserable their now, not having any other scorps with you anymore and in that 1" of mulch terrarium.
Don't, they'll just get more, I know it seems harsh. If you want another emp buy it online. And do talk to the pet store I got one place to take theirs off white sand and give it a water tank and another place to set up a false bottom for theirs. They're not all ass-holes :)

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh I know, I was going to today, but I was in such a terrible hurry to get back home for practice that I didn't. I just know that the mulch is hard on their underside.