another humidity question...

rhom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If a person were to keep all of slings in viles but was to set the files in side say a 15 gallon tank. Could you just mist the tank and by doing that would the slings get the humidity needed? same goes for heating? this was someting i was thinking about doing. let me know if any of you do this or think it would be a good idea?

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
depends. What species do you have? if it's OBT...NO. Avic....maybe. But overall, probably not. You couldnt control humidity and moisture for each sp. without seperating them. But thats just my opinion, wait for the experts to answer.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it all depends what sp. you are housing. are they all the same? you would be providing one humidity level for all of them that way.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well depends, of coarse the real question is the holes in the viles??? the next would be the species of t's? if they were lets say all p irminia's then yes this could work,( i say could beacuse they still need water) and were the ventilation openings are big enough for it to work.those little holes dont help.. but if it was a mix of brachy's, pokies, and psalm's then the answer would be no.. since each requires diff humidity, and this inturn would be unhealthy for those requiring lower humidity..inturn if you have less humidity then those requiring high humidty for molting would then be indanger..i get what you are saying and yes i have a 20 gal that i keep at 80 for temp.for my slings but .since i feed my slings every other day its way easier for me to give a squirt of water once a week..doing this should meet all the humidity req.....since depending on how hot it is the water evaporates to fast for it to really help....unless u close off the top..but there again creates a differant problem....hopes that helps remember slings can be really picky!!lol

rhom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok thank you.... i guess ill just do it for the heating part so they can all be kept at 80 as for humidity ill just squirt each one once a week thanks guys

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
rhom said:
ok thank you.... i guess ill just do it for the heating part so they can all be kept at 80 as for humidity ill just squirt each one once a week thanks guys

Thats what I would do.

-Matty