Death curl

brova golin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I posted here only a few days ago about the size differance between 1 sling and five others all kept under the same conditions, although they were all eating the same 1 appears smaller, he/she now seems to be doing a curl legs in etc, you've prob seen it at some point, anyway can any1 help explain why this could be ?????

still eating till last week now looks like death on its way.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It MIGHT be grooming, sometimes they curl a bit to better gnaw on their legs. Otherwise...eh. The reason spiders have SO MANY BABIES is that quite a large percentage will die, whether from predators, sickness, conditions, or just plain failure to thrive. I'd wager it's that last one, if it is dying. :(

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I still do not understand why does it happens, but I guess its just nature.

When I buy slings I try to get at least 5 of the same. Last year I got around 40- 50 B. smithi slings, 20 of them arrived dead because of the terrible temperature, but now the rest are doing great.

Also you need to have a lot of patience with slings, they seem no to grow

brova golin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Defo not grooming, 100% on that jus gonna move him/her to intensive care see if lasts the night thanks for sugestions i belive could be 1 on ur list, come on code monkey ur knowledgable any ideas? never had any slings do this before not when still feeding well etc as i said eating and leaving vlittle waste as with the others but no gain in size of abdomen.