abnormal rate of growth

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what to say. My A.mauritanicus that molted to 4th instar on July 12, 2006. Is now molting again to 5th instar (August 9,2006). It only took the guy 27 days to molt from 4th to 5th instar. Molted to 4th on July 12, 2006 then I power fed it after 8-9 days (July 21,2006). So that gives him almost 3 weeks to keep eating and molt after. Well, time to feed the other guys hardcore.

I'll provide pics later.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's the pics that I promised :D. My boy is getting big :).

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow quiz.. i must say its amazing and im very jealous of your scorps growing so fast.. but does this by anyway affect the like span if the scorp?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
wow quiz.. i must say its amazing and im very jealous of your scorps growing so fast.. but does this by anyway affect the like span if the scorp?
for sure it's affecting their lifespan. It's also affecting my hotbox because i'm running out of space {D .

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Quiz,

As you raise your Androctonus specimens, you will note rapid rates of growth during some stadia and slow growth rates during other stadia.
Some Diplocentrus species exhibit such variable rates of growth in stable environments. During some stadia, growth is very rapid. However, other instars may take more than 400 days to achieve (D. lindo). I have I3 specimens of D. lindo that are currently at instar 3 and have been for almost a year and show no signs of nearing a molt any time soon. I suspect most will molt by May 2007, but may take as long as until next July/August. Also, this slow rate of growth will occur when specimens are kept at temps in the range of 80-90F, and will continue until the I6 stadium!
These specimens will probably reach sexual maturity (I9) by 2008/2009!

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Prymal said:
Quiz,

As you raise your Androctonus specimens, you will note rapid rates of growth during some stadia and slow growth rates during other stadia.
Some Diplocentrus species exhibit such variable rates of growth in stable environments. During some stadia, growth is very rapid. However, other instars may take more than 400 days to achieve (D. lindo). I have I3 specimens of D. lindo that are currently at instar 3 and have been for almost a year and show no signs of nearing a molt any time soon. I suspect most will molt by May 2007, but may take as long as until next July/August. Also, this slow rate of growth will occur when specimens are kept at temps in the range of 80-90F, and will continue until the I6 stadium!
These specimens will probably reach sexual maturity (I9) by 2008/2009!
wow!!! :eek:
2-3 years to reach sexual maturity. That's a long time bro. I guess I won't be seeing my I.politus grow big this year. It's been 5 months and they're still at 2nd instar. Do you know how many instars for Androctonus species to reach sexual maturity?