After Molt: G. Rosea Pic.

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay... This is my first, one and onlt T. (Im sure there will be more ;)

After completing a molt, Hes been a little insane. Very skiddish, and "tweakey" Previous to the molt he was very laid back, and a pleasure to interact with. Very docile.. Now, just today, I put my hand in the cage to see how he'd react, He came right up to my hand. A little "tickle" on his rump, and up on the hand he went.

This shot is one of about a dozen i took while he was walking all over my hands, checking stuff out.

Its been 2 weeks today since he molted. (If anyone is interested, I have the whole molt on tape, and compressed to a 16 Second AVI. Id be more than happy to email it to anyone.) Up untill now, Hes shown threat postures when going into the cage to feed, But not today. So, I figure Id hold him and see if he remembers being held (by not biting me ;) )

Very cool stuff. His coloring is so much "rosier" after the molt. His Carapace looks like its made of polished copper.. Very cool stuff.. I can see how these become addicting :)

Enjoy the pic.. I have more if you want to see them..

Now Im thinking about a Versicolor.. Friggin incredible coloring.. Or maybe a Smithi, As they tend to be docile, and they have neat leg markings :)

-Jason

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bet it's just me .... but is he missing a leg?

Dennis

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL.. No.. His leg is just tucked under him.. :)

Heres another shot..

He really seems to be happy. Hes active, and eats a good amount..

:)

-Jason

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ah, there is his leg! :)

Really cool. Congrats on the molt. I know the excitement when one of your spiders just molted, my small Pamphobeteus platyomma molted the day before yesterday, really cool. And I am amazed by their size after molting...

Dennis