lizard to big for the pokie?

kingz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello everyone

i'll just get right to it. i reseved my p. ornata from swift yesterday{D its about 2 1/2" and realy nice looking. anyway i was in the woods today and found a small lizard about 1 1/2" from tip of nose to base of the tale i would love to feed it to the pokie but i'm not real sure if its to big for it.:? i was wondering what some of you think?

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would highly recommend not feeding anything wild caught to your pet. I did it once and killed my snake.

kingz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would highly recommend not feeding anything wild caught to your pet. I did it once and killed my snake.
i have heard that before but i figured it might be ok sence i live way out in the country and i'm not real worried about pesticieds. anyone else have thoughts?

Cthulhu1254

Arachnopeon
You never know, it might have parasites that think T's are tastey, or something. Better not to risk it. That being said, that size lizard should be fine for that size spider.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as a general rule, prey for Ts should be about the same length as the opisthosoma (butt) or a little larger depending on species, e.g. P. regalis etc could probly catch somewhat larger prey. But I dont recommend wild-caught prey its risky.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wonder how a T could ingest parasites... I'd understand if it was swallowing preys whole, but they grind, melt, and predigest the flesh of their prey, so any parasite inside should be beaten to pulp as well....

Nathan`

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My buddy bought a rosie off of me and said he was going to feed it some grasshoppers from the farm fields that he works in. I told hi that I'd highly suggest he not even though the field is on an island. I told him that you never know where the grasshoppers/crickets have been. He assured me that they haven't been contaminated with anything even though I disagree. You never know if it's been in contact with even exhast fumes from a car.