Acanthoscurria geniculata !!

C-Rock

Arachnopeon
I recently aquired a hatchling whiteknee.
Please excuse me for referring to it as "it". [Don't know the sex yet..."it's" too small]
So far,...THIS IS ONE WICKED SPIDER !
IT'LL CHASE DOWN ANYTHING IN THE TANK, EATS AS MUCH AS I CAN FEED IT TOO. However, it also has some interesting behaviors such as :
1) It likes to sit in the waterdish and uses it regularly as a toilet. (this requires extra cleaning , which i don't mind) Lately, it has actually laid in full dishes of water...as if wading/soaking.
2) It is sooo ravenous/fantastic appetite! Eats till her abdomen looks like it'll burst. Then, it eats more.
3) Legs seem spindly/thin, yet the carapace and abdomen look very heavy/buff.
QUESTION: Anybody else's like this? And, What will it be like as an adult??

At present, "it" is about the size of an adult American wolf spider. So i guess the next moult will be sex-readable.

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an 2-3 inch one. Yes it eats like crazy. It even attacks the water when I'm misting in there. Even if I get a little bit of soil and sprinkle it infront of her hide enterence she will attack the soil. But from what you said, I wouldn't be concerned :)

Cheers,

C-Rock said:
I recently aquired a hatchling whiteknee.
Please excuse me for referring to it as "it". [Don't know the sex yet..."it's" too small]
So far,...THIS IS ONE WICKED SPIDER !
IT'LL CHASE DOWN ANYTHING IN THE TANK, EATS AS MUCH AS I CAN FEED IT TOO. However, it also has some interesting behaviors such as :
1) It likes to sit in the waterdish and uses it regularly as a toilet. (this requires extra cleaning , which i don't mind) Lately, it has actually laid in full dishes of water...as if wading/soaking.
2) It is sooo ravenous/fantastic appetite! Eats till her abdomen looks like it'll burst. Then, it eats more.
3) Legs seem spindly/thin, yet the carapace and abdomen look very heavy/buff.
QUESTION: Anybody else's like this? And, What will it be like as an adult??

At present, "it" is about the size of an adult American wolf spider. So i guess the next moult will be sex-readable.