Anyone know where I can get black calci sand?

Bryan91901

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't find it at Petsmart or Petco around here. They only carry red, white, grey, green, and purple. I just figured Id post in here because I'd get more replies :razz:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Try an 'indy' pet store or even the aquarium stores. Another option is ebay or craigslist. I've seen it on ebay before.

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi there,

your not going to put T's on it are you???

I dont think any form of sand is recommended for T's, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Camberwell

Bryan91901

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Camberwell said:
Hi there,

your not going to put T's on it are you???

I dont think any form of sand is recommended for T's, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Camberwell
.......................nope.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
bayani919 said:
.......................nope.
What are you using it for, then? Calci-sand is generally pretty awful, and can cause horrific impactions and death in lizards. :(

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
sand

well lizards can b affected but can t's? i have housed my mex pink.mexfireleg, and my g.red rump on sand for a while now and they are doing great.my female pink excavates her burrow by spinning silk and gobbing the sand togeterin her mouth and dropping it in a corne r. i add some bed a beast or moss. so they can use it if they wish. my g.red rump has enclosed himself in his rock cave,so he is cumfy.my fireleg thinks he is aboreal spending most of his time up on the fake plants and pouncing on crickets and roaches. watchin my g red rump eat is the coolest he comes out of his dark rock cave and nabs the prey so ffast,i bet they don't evan know what hitem. but if anyone has had any probswith sand let it be known laters

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
maybe its not that your fireleg thinks its arboreal but infact it is that he really hates the feel of the substrate and thus staying off of it?

Derek

rockstar

Arachnopeon
it is not recommended that you put your T's on sand......i have some of my drier T's on calci sand and they do fine. calci sand is horrible for keeping humidity.... ive read that GBB's acutally have a natural habitat at the base of desert scrubs....this is why they're big web spinners.... T's requiring more humidity such as .........H. lividum, avics, or T. blondi.........deffinately arent gonna make it on calci sand

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Um.. actually Calci-sand is a great thing for inverts like scorps if you will. If digested whether it be hermit crab or what not it provides extra vitamins including calcium (duh). Of course if they're digesting boat loads of the stuff then that could create a problem.

(Eco Earth and Forest Bed are the best substrates by far)

rockstar

Arachnopeon
yeah i thought of using capitalization but that would require me to hold down the shift key and reach for the key of the letter i want at the same time and i just dont know if i can do that its the multitasking thing im no good at it and the comma is just so difficult to reach maybe im just lazy or perhaps giving you a better example of what youre waisting board space to complain about seriously im here to talk about ts not to get nit picked on grammar

ya know what i sayin....

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's easier to help you if we understand the question and not spend time trying to figure it out. She was not being nit picky either. She was giving you some advice to make it easier for us to help you.