T care

rhom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay as of now i have 33 slings and there all 3/4''-1'' various species i usasly do my t care all on sunday first thing. This involves misting the required species and feeding spot cleaning checking for pre moult signs ect.. My question is feeding. i give each sling one prekilled cricket each week is this enough for a growing sling?i usaly leave the cricket in for about 24 hours then remove what ever was not eatin. is this enough or should i be feeding more?

Evangelion

Arachnopeon
For 1" slings it should be enough to feed them once a week. Maybe you can try twice a week, that depends on the size and the speciment.

But you should not feed prekilled, almost every sling takes that kind of food, but its more fun for you whatching the spider on her hunt, and its more natural for the spider overwhelming and killing it. Just my two cents.

regard Thomas

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree, once a week is fine. It's generally when I feed all my slings and they've grown normally. You could feed more often (some people feed 2-3 times a week for slings), but it's not necessary. At that size, they should be more than able to eat live small crickets. I'd suggest switching away from the pre-killed as it's likely to be eaten faster, so less chance of inciting mold or mites. Also, no sense doing more work than necessary to pre-kill them. The only time I ever pre-kill is for very small slings (1/3 or smaller) when they are either not accepting food or when I can't find prey small enough for them.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, even small slings can hunt crix, my mac can catch a crix nearly its own size. I feed twice a week to my slings, 1 crix to each.