Androctonus Species ...

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have finally complete my collection for androctonus species that i desire, although all are scorplinsg and some only 2nd instar, im happe to have themn and see them grow up :p~ heres some of them, form the oldest being the a.bcolor which i got starting of the year .. till now.. :p~

next i guess i will be getting Lychas and Parabuthus :p~

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im tring to get morphs and that will do it for me...i only like the ones i breed so im particular to AA's & AM's{D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
FrogmanJ said:
What does "instar" mean?
Ok, when a scorpion is born it is considered to be 1st instar. When it molts it will be 2nd instar and so on. Make sense?:)

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Ok, when a scorpion is born it is considered to be 1st instar. When it molts it will be 2nd instar and so on. Make sense?:)

Yup. Do they molt forever, or just until they stop growing?

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The most venomous too :(
Sup Wayne... can you name the species from the biggest to the smallest Androctonus. Including the maximun lenght they can reach thanks.
Thanks

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AA 12cms, AA (hector)10-11 cms, AA (libycus)9-11 cms, AB 8-9 cms, AB (aeneas)7-9cms,AC's 6-8 cms AM 7-9 cms but usally gets to the 9 cm....everything in the () is a morph hope that helps Raul ow by the way AB's imo seem to be on the smaller size though in the chart i have them before the AM's i cant explain it usally from what i have seen this is the case..though im sure some have different experiances

Last edited:

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It sure did Wayne. Thanks
.... I alwayz wanted to get some Ab (My favorite scorpions) but recently i don't know where i read that Am where bigger so i change my mind, now i guess i'm back to Ab i;m sure i'll be able to get some before september ends.Need to save some greens $$

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thiscordia said:
It sure did Wayne. Thanks
.... I alwayz wanted to get some Ab (My favorite scorpions) but recently i don't know where i read that Am where bigger so i change my mind, now i guess i'm back to Ab i;m sure i'll be able to get some before september ends.Need to save some greens $$
AM's tend to be bigger...the problem is that it all depends on the location they come from....i have had fully adult AM's reach a larger size then my AB's though lets say for instance chris'es AB's from krazy 8's tend to be larger then some normal AM"s...there really doesnt seem to be a norm..which to me can really get frustrating when doing size comparisons and future mating!!!soo best of luck either way i personally like AM's better but you cant go wrong from any of the darker species of this genus

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hei brian, is a. hoggarensis theone with yellow legs? i have been finding the name for it! hahaha im still waiting for a chance to get a.a. hector :? i know its tough. but i will try hahaha...

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Walton,

Yes A. hoggarensis has yellow legs.

Cheers.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpfanatic said:
hei brian, is a. hoggarensis theone with yellow legs? i have been finding the name for it! hahaha im still waiting for a chance to get a.a. hector :? i know its tough. but i will try hahaha...
AA's tough??? i have over 80 of this species!!lol well about half now since i did some trades and sold a few

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He said A.a "Hector". and to find A.a. "Hector" is tough.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha.. yeah... didnt like hector at first when i started the hobby, becaise my first scorps wan spinifer and all bla;ck. and i wanted something more yellowish, end up... now i prefer blackish dersert scorpions hahahah

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hei ryan.. <edit> dude... its another spcies add to my wish list :(

Last edited by a moderator:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
these are all the andoroctonus species: amoreuxi, australis, baluchicus, bicolor, crassicauda, dekeyseri lourenco, finitmus, gonnetii, hoggarensis, liouvillei, maelfaiti, mauritanicus, mauritanicus bourdoni, sergenti..the ones i mention above are one that are available most of the time