Enclosure

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is it possible to drill holes into glass? IM looking to build some of mine own enclosures, but I need some Ideas. Thanks

stnick80

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is but you need a special bit and an extremely slow setting if you are going to use a hand drill. It takes a long time depending on the thickness. You will also probably want to use some kind of lubrication for the friction. It takes practice and is not something u want to practice on something expensive.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oh alright thanks, I was thinking on using plexi glass anyway. Does anyone have any ideas for enclosures?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Both Ronj and Cirith Ungol (as well as other but can't remember at the moment) have threads about building enclosures from scratch with detailed pics.

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey guys long time no post!{D i worked at a glass shop for a couple years and you can drill through glass. you can go buy the special bits or you can get dental drill bits they are about 2 bucks apeice and last for about 10-15 holes. depending on the size of hole needed. i dont know how big the bits can get. drilling through the glass is easy enoughjust hold the bit still. glass is NOT as fragile as you think. esspecially tempered. but still use caution. you can use any cordless drill also. anyways i hope this helps you out and i hope to see some picz soon:cool: