my Rosie- 9 month fast?

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok so my rosie has not eaten a cricket or anything for 9 months 14 days. i find this amazing. she will not touch anything. i have tried it all. conditions are perfect she is is very healthy. its not really a problem atall i guess. im just wondering how long does or can this last for????:?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok so my rosie has not eaten a cricket or anything for 9 months 14 days. i find this amazing. she will not touch anything. i have tried it all. conditions are perfect she is is very healthy. its not really a problem atall i guess. im just wondering how long does or can this last for????:?
Healthy in looks is all that matters, so long as she her abdomen is not shrinking then she is just doing her thing. I think my record was no food intake for 1 year 4 months. But I did whitness water being drank from her water dish. So make sure she has a water dish and thats about all you can do!

Dev

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rosehair had a fast which lasted close to 11 months. It only started eating crickets a few weeks ago lol.

for rosehairs, this is pretty normal

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i figured like three months but nine? wish i could go that long with no food or water! and no it doesnt drink either that ive seen anyway. but it has water.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Water is typically consumed while you are sleeping. So unless you are awake from dark till morning odds are you are not going to see her drink ither.

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah man i work nights so im up all nighti get up at 2pm and go to sleep ussually at like 9am. yeah no rest for the wicked i guess:D . all my T's are ussually outdoing some stuff. last night my P.Ornata was doing backflips from one side of her aquarium to the other. LOL wish i could just do a backflip let alone across a distance.

peace:D

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was concerned about my l. Parahybana who has not eaten for 6 months. She drinks though and is still rather plump so I guess she's ok. She moulted last sunday so I'm going to get her a pinky this weekend and see if she'll eat it.
I guess spidys can go a pretty long time without food. I wonder what causes them to stop eating though.

The Taggerung

Arachnopeon
my rose has done the same thing. at first she was eating a cricket every other week, than none for 7 months. she finaly ate a huge grasshopper a few weeks ago. i tthought somthing was wrong with her, im very releaved to hear its normal. although my other rose eats every day, but hes kinda young, and i want him to grow big and strong! :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The longest rosie fast I've ever heard of was 2 years. As long as it is has water and can drink, and its abdomen isn't shriveled, it should be fine. None of mine has fasted at all yet. (knock on wood)