2 Ts 1 cage?

MILESINC133

Arachnopeon
I have 1 grammostola rosea in a 10 gal. cage if i get another can i put it in the same cage? do they have to be the same sex? Are they spieces that can't be in the same cage? i have tried to look it up but can't find any thing on it :wall:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 1 grammostola rosea in a 10 gal. cage if i get another can i put it in the same cage? do they have to be the same sex? Are they spieces that can't be in the same cage? i have tried to look it up but can't find any thing on it :wall:
If you put two Ts in one cage, more then 99% of the time you are going to end up with one T, no matter the sex. There are a few Pokies that can be in communal setups but other then that dont bother trying it.

NYCspiderGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah... glad you took advice immediately.

I raised A avics together until they got to 3/4 inch, but it was for space and an experiment and i was lucky not to lose any.
With few exceptions it will always be a bad idea.
But that's how we learn...

Get two smaller tanks if preferable for space issue.
And enjoy your T!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a communal tank with 1 male and 1 female A.avic. I never had any problems, just kept them well fed. My male did die, but that was because of old age.

-Matty

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Depending on the size of the Ts and the state of your finances, you might want to consider splitting the tank with a divider, but this must be done well, and the lid must be snug or you'll be pissed later! ;)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a communal tank with 1 male and 1 female A.avic. I never had any problems, just kept them well fed. My male did die, but that was because of old age.

-Matty
There is a big difference between co habiting with a mature male and a female and setting up a communal with a female and a female or a female and a inmature male..........

Last edited: