Orange T with black toes? ...ID please...

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Today, I was out picking up "necessaries" for my "wild kingdom" and came across a s'ling that was commonly named "Emerald something or other..." and it was orange with black toes. The place is famous for giving the wrong latin names to things, so the best I have is "Ephebopus uatamaw or uataman"??

Is this a common T? The particular one that I saw was really flighty and super fast, but the guy was poking it with a pen and tapping pretty hard on the outside of the deli cup... geeeesh!! ...so what would you expect, right?

I'm going to keep trying to find it by googling, but I like to ask here cuz I learn so much from you guys :D

psionix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ephebopus uatuman is the correct spelling, if that's what you are talking about..

botar has a good pic of a young one on his site.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, the common name for those if often Emerald Skeleton so that sounds about right. They aren't particularly common and as you described can be quite flighty and skittish.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks! :D

That's the one I saw and after looking at the pic on Botar's site, I really want one to add to my growing collection.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They say that the color cools down after a bit but my 4 inchier or so are still really bright.

I have 6 of them. From botar

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like it's opisthosoma. Just like the patch of G.aureostriata, though of different shade.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have one. So far it's been very slow growing but I like it because it is so pretty. The abdomin is very irridescent. It is nervous and hides at the slightest disturbance, but it built its burrow on the side of the enclosure, so I do see it at all times. I have it in deep substrate with some cork bark as a lean to hide under which it made its burrow. I keep the substrate on the damp side.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I have one. So far it's been very slow growing but I like it because it is so pretty. The abdomin is very irridescent. It is nervous and hides at the slightest disturbance, but it built its burrow on the side of the enclosure, so I do see it at all times. I have it in deep substrate with some cork bark as a lean to hide under which it made its burrow. I keep the substrate on the damp side.
I was going to say exactly the same thing.
:rolleyes:

I like mine too..
though really seeing it is rare.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 2 of these here at home and I just love em.... a 2.5 inch spiderling and a 1 inch sling,, both of them full of attitude and aggression... not countin how pretty they a definite favorite... i highly recommend gettin one or two or three....