Snails?

It_lives!

Arachnopeon
Hey people, i was wondering if any of you had any basic snail care, i found a snail a couple weeks ago when i was repotting some of my angel trumpets, and it was cute (i thought) and i wanted to keep it but i didnt know how so i let it go. But now i want to set up a little thing for some (and for breeding maybe) so can anyone tell me like the substrate, food, temp, humidity? I don't know the species, it was small like less than or equal to 1/2", but i live in NC. Thx in advance!:)

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had snails, I kept them on soil-peat moss mix, and had a little platic "cave" for them to hide in during the day, in place of a rotting log or stone they would be under. I always kept a piece of cuttlebone in the cage (they need it to survive), and I misted the cage every other day, because the substrate cant form a puddle, it's just needs to be moist. They like strawberries,romaine lettuce, dry dog or cat kibble,bananas,cucumbers,tomatos,peaches,bread,carrots, and watermelon. They probably eat more things too.

Snails lay eggs in tiny chambers under the soil the dig, so if you use a clear cage (glass or plastic) and the substrate isnt more than 6 inches deep, you may see the eggs when you look under the cage (usually round, white eggs). Snails mate alot and lay alot of eggs. I picked them out carefully with a toothpick, and put them outside under large rocks that had moist soil.