egs, eggs, eggs and more eggs

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, my Hottentotta hottentotta is giving birth right now but I don't see any babies, all I see is red eggs. Not sure how she will do but oh well, nothing I can do but to watch her lay eggs!!!! :mad: . There must be something that I'm doing wrong because 2 of my female laid eggs. What the heck is wrong with them. I'll move her out of my hotbox right now. If she drops babies and decides to eat them, I will pull them out right away and will try to raise them from 1st instar.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my mistake!! It's actually yellow eggs not reg!! :mad:

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm an infertile male scorp. Could happen, any one hear of this happening?

{EDIT} inlight of the post below, maybe the female is infertile, or something

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It does seem strange that your Hots are dropping eggs. Mine seem to have no problems giving birth. Little "Tribbles" (Star Trek reference) if you ask me.

Mine seem to like a water dish every second week. For desert species they do like to drink. I also don't check on them more then once a week, every two weeks if I think they are going to drop some young.

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that i think is an unfertile egss whats sad about that is they will eat it. hmm....

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that i think is an unfertile egss whats sad about that is they will eat it. hmm....
She didn't eat it and she didn't lay that much eggs. There's only 15-20 eggs on the floor. I'm thinking that maybe my hotbox forced her birth. As soon as I pulled her out of the box. She stopped dropping eggs :?

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im pretty sure its a miscarriage. i have the same experience also before. its an unfertile eggs. some of them they ate but some were just droped on the floor.