to buy or not to buy: C.laminai / 25 species at a PET SHOP!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So whats the deal?
Who's got em and what do they say about em?

got a nice deal on a 3" --

Also, went to a pet store in Pittsburgh, and they had over 25 different species of T's at this store! How cool is that?!!!

anyways lemme know about the C.laminai, soon too, if you can, as im leaving to possibly by her soon!

thanks again guys
peace,
dave

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice species, I have three. They tend to be a little skittish, over the last couple years I've gotten one or two threat postures, neither with fangs extended. Will not hesitate to kick hair and are a lot faster than you would think looking at their usually bulbous abdomen. They tend to appreciate a little extra moisture, I usually will mildly water their tank with a gatorade bottle once every 2 weeks or so, but they tolerate arid conditions rather well. Enough substrate to burrow and they will, though it may take some months before they decide to. A water dish completes the deal. Mature males turn a beautiful blue-black coloration, I am trying to breed mine and am not having any luck.
I say go for it, they are cheap, pretty and unique looking with the abdominal shape and the swollen femurs (hopefully I got the leg segment right this time).

Adrian

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice man --

i think i'm gonna get her.. is yours handleable? I mean, i dont really handle my T's too much (except my little E.campestratus and A.avic, but can you blame me?) haha... if the She turns out to be a HE, would you want to breed? Not me and you, mind you, but our two T's :)

thanks for the info -- they seem to be pretty cool T's.. i want to get more docile species to my collection. At least ones that are handleable!

thanks again
peace,
dave

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely handleable. Just be a little cautious, they can and will make a break for it if they feel the need. I usually test out their mood a little before picking them up, just to see. I would be a little surprised to hear of someone getting bitten by one but then, some people get bitten by rosehairs so you never know.

Adrian