pokie close to molt

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think my P. regalis is ready to molt because she has not eaten any of the crickets i gave her last night and she ALWAYS hammers her cricket as soon as i throw them in there.

so my question is this......is there any way to tell how close to molting she is?
i want to get the crickets out of her cage, but in order to do that i have to remove her and completly tear her cage apart because she has it so webbed up and her web is FULL of substrate. but i do not want to cause her anymore stress that i have to, but at the same time i need to get the crickets out.

does anybody have any sugustions? do you think it will be ok to remove her from her tank? this is just my uneducated guess but im thinking she will molt within 24-48 hours. :?

any help you could give me would be greatly appriciated!!

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How big is she and when was the last time she ate? Pre-molt varies depending on the developmental stage of the T and it's important to know how long she has been fasting in order to determine approximately how much time you might have before the molt. Most T's, even slings, will be in pre-molt for at least a week and most of the time for several weeks for larger T's. But it's a good idea to get those crickets out asap if you suspect she is in pre-molt even if you will have some time. Btw, this is a excellent reason why it's not a good idea to feed multiple crickets unless you are sure your T is not fasting. It's just much harder to get that many out without tearing up her web. I'd suggest feeding one at a time in the future.

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is about 3" right now. i haven feed her for about 10 days now and just for the record, usually i do only feed one cricket at a time. this time 3 acidentally fell out of the bag.