11-6-08_11:00 p.m. CST
I went to put my 7 inch female in a pinch hold (which I have done before with no problems) to examine her abdomen when my left thumb started to slip from her starting to struggle.
Both fangs got penitration into my thumb pad. As I pinched my thumb to minimize the flow of venom up my hand, I turned on the hot water in my bathroom. I instantly felt a hot, burning, pulsation in my thumb. Bearable but maid me say a few words I can't repeat. As the water was heating up, I went downstairs to get a zip tie. I put the zip tie around my thumb, close to the first knuckle and tightened it up to free up my right hand.
I went back into the room and corraled my metallica into her home without further problems. Still feeling the sharp burning of the bite, I went back into the bathroom and started swearing some more because of the extremely hot water I was fighting to hold my thumb in. I managed to hold it in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
By 11:20, some of the sharp pain had subsided and given way to the dull throbbing that might come with a good burn from a hot stove. I then cut the zip tie off and put a band aid on tightly, jsut above the bite.
I was asleep by 12 midnight with the only side affect being the throbbing at the bite location.
Woke up at 4:00 a.m. on 11/7/08 to go to work with no bite side effects what so ever. Took the bandaid off and I was surprised that I had no joint ache, throbbing of any kind, not even a sore thumb. I could attribute this to very little venom being injected, or the measures taken by me following the bite. Not sure which but whatever happened, the whole thing ended up being no big deal. I do think venom was injected given the pain I had following the bite for the hour duration.
As with the poster above, this was my first T bite from a species that is known to have pretty potent venom. I'm glad to say, it all went pretty smooth. I will still handle my T's and I still understand that it will happen again sooner or later. With that said, Everyone reacts different to venom so please be careful and don't handle your pets unless you have to.