I sent my G. Puchra for mating loan...

Redip Spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would you ever need to cut off a leg like that? Something involving the mating process? Or animal cruelity?

cb45

Arachnopeon
Maybe its just the way the picture has been taken, but it looks as if that entire side of legs has been cut off.

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the info at hand is disturbing...an explanation is in order.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I saw the first pic,all I thought was- what are those scissors doing in there? The second pic definately freaked me out-- you have to find out what happened.......they are just too weird!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm a bit confused about what we're seeing and what happened - can you please give some more detail?

Did the person send you this to show you that the spider had passed away? Did it arrive DOA? Was this supposed to be proof that it was dead?

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It appears the pictures were taken as proof the spider was indeed dead. According to another forum. Personally I see no reason to post pictures of this nature.

-Mike

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have made trades with people before and they said in the fine print that if I got a dead T in the mail that that was what they wanted me to do in order to show he arrived dead they also wanted it in 24 hours or less of the arrival time. If he sent any text with the pics im sure it would have helped more, and even though im not a big fan of the style of proof it is one way Ive see several dealers work it.
scott

TAG Exotics

Arachnopeon
I'm a bit confused about what we're seeing and what happened - can you please give some more detail?

Did the person send you this to show you that the spider had passed away? Did it arrive DOA? Was this supposed to be proof that it was dead?

yeaps. sigh...i kinda wish i had spiderlings tho...the breeder said it died after not eating after 3 weeks...sigh...sorry if the pictures offended anyone...:(

anyways, he dint even mate. we went for about 2 months, either the female's refusing or he's scared of the female...sigh...

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeaps. sigh...i kinda wish i had spiderlings tho...the breeder said it died after not eating after 3 weeks...sigh...sorry if the pictures offended anyone...:(

anyways, he dint even mate. we went for about 2 months, either the female's refusing or he's scared of the female...sigh...
That sucks, sorry. :( Especially with such a slow-growing species - it's rough to see them go without having a chance to mate.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i understand sending pictures to show a spider is dead... but why not have the picture be of the person holding it in such a way that a live spider would never tolerate? why cut off its legs??? :confused:

i'm sorry to hear about the breeding failure. i have a t. blondi on breeding loan here from a board member. he couldn't seem to understand how to mate, and eventually just gave up and stopped eating and stopped trying to build sperm webs.

i'm letting the guy live out his last days here. every couple months he eats a hisser roach, but he's definitely past his prime.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i understand sending pictures to show a spider is dead... but why not have the picture be of the person holding it in such a way that a live spider would never tolerate? why cut off its legs??? :confused:

i'm sorry to hear about the breeding failure. i have a t. blondi on breeding loan here from a board member. he couldn't seem to understand how to mate, and eventually just gave up and stopped eating and stopped trying to build sperm webs.

i'm letting the guy live out his last days here. every couple months he eats a hisser roach, but he's definitely past his prime.

bugs can be knocked out and posed however the human wants. even the leg cutting off thing isn't that much better... granted an ultimate male isn't going to be doing much regenerating but a sling can stand to be knocked out, have a few legs cut off, and then pop them off at the coxa to prevent leaking to death. but it is better than just having someone tell you, i suppose. if someone were making a stink about something i sent them doa'ing i would want a pic of the abdomen flayed open, or spikes running through the prosoma

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You know, it's never occurred to me to worry about proof for something like this. If I didn't reasonably trust the person I was dealing with, why would I bother?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah i didn't get it at first, though now i do.. sadly this happens a lot with this species..the not mating part..for some reason females of this species don't take well to the males..... also alot of people have to gradually introduce the males with alot of together time, usually using a setup were they are sharing a breeder set-up...with them divided... what really works is the breeder containers that kritter keepers make...sadly though there are alot of people tring to mate these guys and dont really know what they are doing......which if i were you, i would of done some research and seen if the person i was going to send my t to, had past success with this particular species.....as there are alot that dont...sorry for the lost...next time i would of said it died before it could mate..im sure we would of taken your word for it

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Couldn't he have sent the body back to you if you wanted confirmation. With its legs intact, it could have made a nice conversation piece mounted somewhere.

Sorry about the loss, I bet its hard to send these males out on loans.

TAG Exotics

Arachnopeon
sigh...thats why they cost a bomb here. the thing with malaysians is...they dun mind the temperment of a certain sp...if they wanted a black sp...they would not splash out on a G. puchra...they'ed get a H. minax instead...lol...

anyways... have kinda high hopes for this dude...:wall:

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
I know how you feel, I sent out my ultimate G. pulchra male for breeding and he died in transit. I feel your pain.