my b.vagans molted but with a little bit stuck to the abdomen,

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i came home in the weekend to see my b.vagans has molted :D, first time molt for me :) well...second, my versicolour sling also molted on that day.

But i've noticed that, there is still a bit of his shedded abdomen on his abdomen. The bulk of his shed he threw out of his hide out ( leg's and front half). Is this ok? should i try and remove the bits from his abdomen for him or leave him be?

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had this problem before, it is not going to cause any problems, but i'm sure it would be better if it was off, but it will not harm your T. If you get a paint brush and wet the end and dab at the skin and bring the humidity in the tank up a little, it should come off, if it doesn't, it shouldn't be a problem, When this happened to my T, i used the paint brush and upped the humidity and it came off by teh next day, so try that. good luck
Mike

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by ahkiu
i came home in the weekend to see my b.vagans has molted :D, first time molt for me :) well...second, my versicolour sling also molted on that day.

But i've noticed that, there is still a bit of his shedded abdomen on his abdomen. The bulk of his shed he threw out of his hide out ( leg's and front half). Is this ok? should i try and remove the bits from his abdomen for him or leave him be?
I've had this happen with a sling of mine in the past. It had it's old molt clinging to its behind but it had eventually just fallen right off.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thx for the advice guys, but it still hasn't come off. I wouldn't be worried if it weren't for the fact i think it seems to cover his spinnerets (spelling?). would it be ok if he can't use them until the next molt do you think?