Hooks On Feet

Mr.Scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read that you can be definate a T is male if they have hooks on one of their sets of legs are something? Well, I wasnt exactly sre what this meant but I was holding my A. Seemani the other day to put her in a KK while I moved the tank elsewhere. Anyway, I just kind of held it for awhile because she was just sitting calmly on my hand. Well, she took a step and I noticed some of her feet extracted these very tiny hook type things. Is that what was meant with sexing issues? I always thought she was female till now...

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
no all ts have those at the tips of there feet. mature males have hooks on there front legs i think the third segment down i think? i cant remember what segment it is

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Those are just tarsal claws, not the "hooks" that some mature males have.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
heh don't. there is much to learn about these creatures..and many times its not clear as day kind of things. whenever i think i'm starting to get a pretty good knowledge about the whole deal...i come across things i've never heard of, known of, or even seen. just stick with it and you will build up your knowledge as time goes by. thats how all of us did it.

a good example of what i'm saying are these articles i've seen recently being posted about. the articles are about spiders secreting webbing from their feet. i had never heard this up until about a month ago and never thought it was so. now i guess it seems to be. i have only read it in a few articles that don't seem to be the official word on tarantuals.

Last edited:

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
o ya not all mature males have them but the majority of them do