What happens if my tarantula is in a burrow for a long time and i take it out

spiderguy

Arachnopeon
What happens if my tarantula is in a burrow for a long time and i take it out and put it back on top of the substrate.

Help me please, Cyrus

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well depending on which species you're digging out, they'll be pretty pissed off at you.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha, couldnt put it better Amazon :)

seriously pissed, though ;)

peace,
dave

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Why????

Why do you want to dig your T out? It's in there for shelter and security. What kind of T?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since he has one t and it is a A. anax I would guess A. anax.;) How big is your A. anax Cyrus?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could I challenge anybody to dig out my Cobalt Blue when she's in her burrow?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What happens if my tarantula is in a burrow for a long time and i take it out and put it back on top of the substrate.

Go ahead and dig it out and see. It may stay on top for a while.

Could I challenge anybody to dig out my Cobalt Blue when she's in her burrow?

I dug up my cobalt blue a week ago, and it was pretty freaky.
Needless to say, I kept my mind on the task at hand. It went without a hitch, no damage to the spider or me.:eek:

Ernie

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We dug our cobalt out yesterday. We have had alot of problems getting her to burrow at all, because she didnt like any of the substrates we have tried. I finally put her on bone dry peat and she dug right in. The problem with that is that I ran out of peat and she only had about two inches depth. So yesterday we added a bunch of peat, and we dug her out because she had a big piece of cork down there with her, and we didn't want her to freak because there was suddenly all this deep peat on top of her burrow.

She took it pretty well I suppose. Although she was kinda pissed. I don't actually suggest doing this on a regular basis or anything though.

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had to dig out my Citharischius crawshayi yesterday, and man was she pissed off!

I often watch her climb in and out of her burrow (fortunately she dug her burrow right next to the glass) to get food, but rarely do I move her cage to view the bottom (thus her "den).

But I noticed a few flies in her cage, and a maggot on the side of the glass!

I have always kept her cage clean, removed any uneated food items, and hadn't seen her for a few days; so I was worried. I grabbed my flashlight, and lifted her cage up to check on her.

There she was...kicked-back in her den, with about 5 uneated crickets that she hauled down into her labyrinth. They were spoiled, naturally.

Having no other way to retrieve the uneated (and spoiling) crickets, I had only one option: Dig them (and her) out.

I did so out of concern for her and the cleanliness of her cage...but definately not something I'd do "just because"!

...i dunno...I look at her now and I swear she is glaring at me, just daring my finger(s) to get close just...one...more...time!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Since he has one t and it is a A. anax I would guess A. anax.;) How big is your A. anax Cyrus?
I sold him an Aphonopelma anax, as you can see :)
His is 1/4". I told him since it isnt eating it may be coming up for a moult. I will let him know!

Thanks,

James