mite problems? need a few volunteers

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm looking for a few people who would like to volunteer to try a carrion mite killer insect I've come across. I had a container with the fat, slow moving white mites in the soil that get on the decaying leftovers in your animals container. I would boil the sub, cool it off and the mites would just keep coming back. I had another container that had the same organic stuff in it. I never did see mites in it. I saw what looked like miniature earwigs in that container running around looking for things in the soil. I thought, "..mite's, they are looking for food." So I took a spoonful of the sub they were in and put them in the mitey container. Next day.....no mites! AND, I still saw the good Hypoaspis mites in the soil. I don't have the problem anymore and I want to hear it how it works for some other people just to confirm what I think I experienced. It happened so fast! It looks like they take care of leftovers too. And from what I have seen, they don't bother my arthropods either. They just stay in the soil and quickly move around. I will send a couple of spoonfuls of sub they are in to a few people for free. But I would like the people who try them to have a big problem with the fat slow white mites and post or let me know how it goes in a few weeks after you get the things. If your interested, you can send me a PM. Here's a pic of them. They are very small. Those small rocks are sand grains. Trust me on this! Just try it. I haven't seen any down side and I don't see how it could hurt anything but I can't guatantee that. Let me know if you want to try it. I am in the US....Texas.

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i tried wood lice once... works also... like janitor fish in an aquarium...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For me personally I will just keep all little critters out of my T's cages. It's hard to sleep at night when you know there is something co habiting in the T's cage even if you think its a good thing. I might be the minority in that line of thinking but hey thats just me.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For me personally I will just keep all little critters out of my T's cages. It's hard to sleep at night when you know there is something co habiting in the T's cage even if you think its a good thing. I might be the minority in that line of thinking but hey thats just me.
I agree. I would only try these "if" you already have a mite problem. I don't like other stuff in the cages either but better these than those nasty mites imo.

The green stuff is a piece of cucumber (not a in a T cage). I'm not a big T person. I mostly have centipedes. But I have some locally caught stuff, A. moderatum, waconum and a couple of exotics some scorps and other stuff.

Wood lice? That's interesting. Never would have thought about that.