Room fresheners?

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there anything I can use in my room to help cut down on the odor without harming my T's or other inverts? I have heard thar inscence and sprays (such as Oust and Lysol) can be harmfull so what else is can I use?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
You could try bowls of baking soda or mineral zeolite to remove odors. HEPA filters help, too.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
actually i use candles in my room, and i keep my 3 ts in there. Only thing is they are on opposite sides, so if i had alot i dont know if it would make a difference.

I dont use sprays b/c of chemicals, and i dont use incense b/c it creates ALOT more smoke in the area

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Zeolite and/or activated carbon. If you have access to real charcoal, that works as well.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can't imagine using good ol' Arm & Hammer can do any harm, but I am sure if you googled Arm & Hammer, found their website, emailed their customer service, asked the question nicely, they would email you back a polite response letting you know whether or not their product is safe for inverts or not. I do this kind of thing all the time, I am always emailing companies. I don't take chances with my kids and animals.

I don't know about the safetly of charcol, coal miners wear masks, and when it is used in fish tanks, it is always filtered as not to get the fine particles.

I got a spray for my cat litter box that says it is natural and safe for animals and that it eliminates not masks odors, I'll call the company and see what they say about inverts....

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just use an air freshener. Its one of the adjustable types so you can control how much scent it is releasing in the air. everybody seems none the worse for wear.

Jaygnar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I reccomend the glade plug in air freshener with the fan.
Works great.

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also use some stuff like glade that is working good, mine room is big and high and all mine animals are on the platform close to roof, so the air is acumulated there and I didn't have any problems, so I suppose that it is ok unless you put too much freshner.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just dont use febreze..as it is very harmful for inverts

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
incense, scented candles, electric air fresheners, passive deodorizers (charcoal)