HOW DO T's clean themselves

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
just curious how do they do it ? I mean they have hair :? so how do they keep thmesleves clean?

Thanks Love megs

Last edited:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not with their waterdish and a bar of soap.

Try using this feature

The search button will quickly become your new best friend. Use it. Love it. Keep it close.

There's over half a million pages here on invertebrate care. I'm sure it's on one of them.

Last edited:

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Golly gee you boys are so helpful today ;P

If you see your T sticking its feet in its mouth and rubbing them over its body/legs, that would be grooming. Its pretty funny to watch actually. Reminds me of spider yoga, some of mine will stand or lean in very odd postitions with up to three feet in their mouth at once.

Andy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Their legs are basically just toothbrushes

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
Wicked -Thanks for helping, as for the other two ppl that left comments I would highly reccomend what you say to ppl. Some ppl my take your silly comments as offensive I'm aksing logical questions so there for give logical answers I'm not some dumb person that doesn't know anything just cause you know about T's doesn't mean you know rocket science like get over this way l-a-m-e ego trip your on and get straight to bussiness :embarrassed: shame on you for picking on newbies!!!

Love Megs

Last edited:

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wicked -Thanks for helping, as for the other two ppl that left comments I would highly reccomend what you say to ppl. Some ppl my take your silly comments as offensive I'm aksing logical questions so there for give logical answers I'm not some dumb person that doesn't know anything just cause you know about T's doesn't mean you know rocket science like get over this way l-a-m-e ego trip your on and get straight to bussiness :embarrassed: shame on you for picking on newbies!!!

Love Megs

He actually has a good point. It's a good idea to search for the answer to something before you post about it. The reason being that probably someone who actually could answer that question already has, but if you post it again, that person may not have time or energy to answer again, so you won't ever find out the correct answer. You may get a smattering of answers but there is no guarantee they'll be good ones. But old threads contain a great deal of information and a great deal of debate and are an excellent resource.

But to answer your question, yes they do groom themselves, very much like a cat does by sticking a foot in the mouth and brushing it over their legs and body.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
as for the other two ppl that left comments I would highly reccomend what you say to ppl. Some ppl my take your silly comments as offensive I'm aksing logical questions so there for give logical answers I'm not some dumb person that doesn't know anything just cause you know about T's doesn't mean you know rocket science like get over this way l-a-m-e ego trip your on and get straight to bussiness :embarrassed: shame on you for picking on newbies!!!
I'm honestly not trying to be hostile here, but this attitude is not going to make you any friends here. They had a perfectly legit point, the Search feature IS your friend, and rather than starting multiple threads in one day and crowding other threads off the front page, why not search and find your answers even faster? :)

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not trying to be hostile, either. I love new members and have encouraged all my friends who are even remotely interested in spiders. I understand you're offended at people who just tell you to use the search, however this is my main point:

There's over half a million pages here on invertebrate care. I'm sure it's on one of them.
I've not been in the T forums for the past year because there are very few things that actually catch my interest. I putter around every once and a while, however I find most of the questions here can actually be answered in the search in less than the amount of time it takes to post up another thread (took me 12 seconds to find AND open that link according to my cellphone's clock which is set by sattelite.). People figure that the search function takes more time, so they're unwilling to do the work and that quickly bumps all of the threads that I find interesting/important off the front page before I have a chance to even know they exist.

However, I do respect the new user and a newbie to the hobby (welcome to the boards, BTW) I just prefer that people actually use the library of stored threads that AB offers rather than just posting every single question that pops into their mind.

According to the AB statistics at the bottom of the forum homepage there were 746,438 replies to 68,299 different threads as of 6:42 PM central mountain time. Some threads have no replies, while some replies have ten pages worth. So at the very least there are 1.4 million pages worth of information. Probably more.

So in short, it's not you...it's me.

For the rest of you who read this reply and found it rude and/or heartless, please be assured that I'll most likely return to my lurking pattern here in the next week or so. If any of you happen to have nematode problems, please PM me.

Last edited:

tarangela2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i did a search and found several threads. interesting stuff. one of them led me to some really cool videos on youtube! like one about a T stalking and killing a mouse and even a few grooming themselves. :}

thanks for the reminder about the search function! :clap:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of you know what your talking about, its pathetic.

Its a known fact that late at night they go the to water dish and dunk in for a bit and wash themselves off. Then they get out and shake, similar to a dog.

:D :liar: :D

Obviously you got the right answer up there already.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont know about the shaking part, but when my rosie's water dish is low, she will actually crawl right into it to get her drink--looks like a spider wading pool, and then when she gets out she cleans herself. That might explain how she gets all those substrate bits in her dish.

Skuikki

Arachnopeon
I dont know about the shaking part, but when my rosie's water dish is low, she will actually crawl right into it to get her drink--looks like a spider wading pool, and then when she gets out she cleans herself. That might explain how she gets all those substrate bits in her dish.
My G. alticeps does that every night when I'm not watching. Every day she has bits of substrate in her dish :D

tospace

Arachnopeon
lol i remember my T cleaning himself after his molt. He had 2 of his leg under him. I thought he was gonna die lol. I prayed god for help lol funny now that i think of it

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Moderator's note: A gentle reminder

I am all for having fun but please remember that everyone coming here has a different level of experience and knowledge, so please respect those who are new and may ask some basic questions. There is a specific rule regarding this very topic:
Everyone comes to Arachnopets with different and widely varied experience levels, species in possession, and formal education. The disrespecting, "flaming", or general harassment of ANY user at Arachnopets based on their perceived lack of knowledge, lack of experience, lack of formal education, short time line in the hobby proper, or other such petty reasons will result in a stern warning and post deletion, followed by a 1-month ban for subsequent offenses. If an inexperienced or otherwise ignorant user is truly causing a problem, please report this to the moderators, that's what they are there for.
Yes, the search function is a useful and helpful tool. But at the at the same time it is not necessary to post a bunch of sarcastic posts "answering" a new person's basic questions. Consider this a general warning. Any further such posts will result in infractions being handed out.