Semi-New to the tarantula keeping

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Just wanted to say hello, and get to know everyone on this board. Seems like everyone is very helpful and that is good to know. Right now I own 2 T's A chilean Rose which we named Rose Bojangles, and also a Guyana Pinktoe (Avic. Avicularia) I dont have any pics of them right now but when I do get some I will be sure to post them. Ever since I was reading the book I bought on tarantulas, I feel somewhat bad taking photos of them especially if I use a flash because it says they detest bright lights and I dont want them to freak on me because I just shot a big light at them. Anyways it seems everyone else has taken photos of theirs so it cant be too bad. Anyways sorry for rambling on but I just cant get enough of these cute little guys, and I am soon going to be purchasing a new tarantula hopefully an Avicularia Versicolor because in my opinion they are a very beautiful Tarantula. But may end up getting a feistier T. Maybe a Togo Starburst, Trinidad Chevron or a Sun Tiger and yes I know they are quite the mean buggers if they want to be but I am very careful with my T's and if i get bit i get bit. Im not sure if that is the best way to think with these guys but i dont mind pain and I would never take it out on any type of animal. Anyways I said I was gonna stop rambling before but ever since I started keeping tarantulas I cant stop talking about them, they are such amazing creatures. Anyways look forward to talking to u guys.

oh and by the way i am from Kingston, Ontario Canada.

peace

p.s. The Pinktoes name is Grendel

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome aboard! I'm not sure the tarantulas even notice when the flash goes off. Most of mine just sit there like little angels...

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Welcome to the pit:)

When I take my pictures I do not use the flash:)
I was not sure if it would spook my T's either, and did
not want to take the chance.

I have the same T's you do, plus 2 more, a Rio Grande Gold
and a Stripe Knee:)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Alright thnx for the replies about the flash... maybe I will just borrow my fathers Digital Cam to take the pics. save me from having to develope and scan. But as soon as I get a hold of a camera I will take some photos of my 2 T's.

TheDon

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome TheDon,
I've taken hundreds of flash pics. and never seen even a flinch out of the T's, so if they dont like it, they don't show it.

Ernie

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome,

You are right when you say there are alot of helpful people here, any questions you have about T's, you can most likely get an answer for it here. It's always good to hear of people new to the hobby, keep spreading the word, as many people have said, "tarantulas are addicting". Have fun shopping for your next T.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welcome --

same crap about the flash -- mine don't even flinch... but still in the back of your head, your thinking "alright, they're totally plotting how to jump onto my face and fang my eyes out"

:) =D

peace,
dave

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Spreading the word

I am a very very frequent user of IRC and recently I have been talking alot about my T's and how awesome it is owning T's and most people just say eww kill the spiders or how can u stand to own sumthin like that. And I always just reply I have been interested in T's ever since I was about 8 years old when I saw a mexican red knee in a petshop but I was never allowed to own one because both my mom and my sister are and were terrified of spiders. But now that im older and I no longer live at home I decided what the heck and went out and bought one then 2 and now i will hopefully soon be on my 3rd. I know that I have gotten at least 2 people saying that they now want to own a T and I think that is great, and I will continue to talk and share my experiences with other people in hopes that they too will decide how cool owning one of these are. Well anyways here I am rambling on again. Once again thnx for all the replies.

Peace

The Don

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Don, did you see the chat link up there? For the irc junkies here, we meet up once a week on one of the small IRC networks.

Bill

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Originally posted by conipto
Don, did you see the chat link up there? For the irc junkies here, we meet up once a week on one of the small IRC networks.

Bill
Welcome! :D

BTW, Everyone can feel free to use the chat room whenever you want. It is open 24/7. We just have our "official" designated chat once a week, on Wed. nights @ approx. 9:00PM EST. :)

Debby

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
What network do u guys use... my Mirc is on 24/7 because i belong to some groups that must remain unamed due to the subject matter that they contain... nothin racist or anything just something not exactly legal =) if u know what i mean... hehe
anyways just tell me the network and channel name and I will chill on there and be there for Wed night chats

peace

The Don