Parabuthus transvaalicus

tarasan

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I am looking at getting a parabuthus transvaalicus. Does anyone have any suggestions about the care and keep of this species or any good literature or sites for them?

Thanks.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got my first ones this year. I'm sure you will get more answers from people that have had kept them longer. I've been keeping them on dry sand with a little coco fiber mixed in and a place to hide under. I just use rocks. People say to keep them warm...desert sp, S. Africa. In the mean time, I'd do a search. It's at the bottom on the right "forum jump". Go to "search forums" and type in 'transvaalicus' and maybe 'care' or something like that. I really like these scorps. They're only babies right now though. Good luck:drool: .

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for scorplings, I avoid rough sands and placing rocks. I had one 3rd instar the had a broken sting. When they reach adult that was only the time I decorated the enclosure.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What all do you want to know? I have bred this species twice. I keep dry and hot (85F) and about once a month give a bottle cap full of water (if I can think of it). If you get babies they are a little more difficult but you might find this to be useful......
Raising Desert Scorpions

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They start out really tiny... but with proper care.. every molt is such a breath taker. especially 5th instar to 6th! :O