roach food????

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok another question. I have this co worker of mine...... hes not quite right in the head, but he suggested giving my roaches bacon grease and dust for a staple food.
Has anyone at all hear of this before?

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL!! Dust?? :? Are you sure he was serious, and not goofing around? That makes no sense to me.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok so now he wants to know what city roaches eat.......

I want to preface this question by saying I know what roaches will eat..... and I know what I feed them.

He is getting at what will they eat to stay alive in the urban setting.

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok so now he wants to know what city roaches eat.......

I want to preface this question by saying I know what roaches will eat..... and I know what I feed them.

He is getting at what will they eat to stay alive in the urban setting.
:? Not sure what the question is mate, but for obvious reasons if we're talking about your feeding roaches, then obviously they will survive in whatever you choose to feed them such as fruits etc..

If he means the common cockroaches pests found in garbage, dumps etc... they would subsist on whatever remains and scraps of food they can find in the floor, in streets etc..

I'm confused,I think this guy was just goofing off, because this is very basic:confused:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is what he is getting at,

He is saying that if you keep your house VERY clean you still can have roaches. What are they eating if the house is kept so clean?

I am not the one wanting to know this stuff he is reading all responses we are at work. I know better.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
No one can keep their house clean enough that there isnt something for a roach to eat! When you cook, you get crumbs around. Things get kicked under the fridge. In cupboards, those worm things chew holes into soup mixes opening them to roaches to eat as well. Roaches can go for a long time between feedings as well.
They can come out at night and find water in sinks, plant pots, eat dog/cat food. Fish food. Fruit bowls on tables, I could go on and on!! They are very resourceful.

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with Old Hag, cockroaches are very hardy specimens, and not picky eaters at all. I keep my house extremely clean and eventhough i still haven't seen any roaches around, i anyway set trap baits inside the pantry and bathrooms just in case. The other day i was watching on animal planet a show on what were the most extreme animals capable of surviving the most insane cold and hot temperatures throughout the world, and what enabled them to do so.

Roaches ranked either no. 2 or 3 on the countdown because they adapt very quickly to their surroundings, they're prolific breeders, and can survive pretty much on anything. Cockroaches also have been known to survive heavy doses of radiation and poison, so they've been around for centuries, they're experts on survival. But the no.1 most extreme animal on the countdown was the water bear:eek: capable of surviving insane water boiling temperatures:eek:

Very interesting program, good stuff!!

the_frog_kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
never do that
the basis is that the nutrients from humane and mammal skin flakes is good enough and the greese gives them protein
neither are true
your body takes the nurtients and vitamins out of the skin that is why it falls off
the greese has less than .01 protein and is just a byproduct of making bacon
very fatty and no other nutrients
lol i have enough problems with tha stupid nivea flying around my house lol
surinames behave here so i only find one or two in the take under it

thanx froggy

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What he is asking, is if you put roaches in a container and feed them only bacon grese and dust will they live.

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What he is asking, is if you put roaches in a container and feed them only bacon grese and dust will they live.
I highly doubt even roaches could subsist entirely on dust, since it's not food. However, bacon grease might keep them alive for a while. It lacks nutrition, but it's still some sort of food. Not sure how long would they subsist on this, but i bet they'd get awfully fat solely on this diet.

Last edited: