Eucratoscelus Pachypus

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Just got one at the local pet shop. Labeled as "Featherleg," but looks like a EUCRATOSCELUS PACHYPUS (Dwarf Stoutleg) to me. Its about 3" and I got it for $10. Everybody else on this forum was getting new T's and I didn't want to be left out...:D

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think there needs to be a Tarantulas Anonymous club started for people with an addiction to collecting Tarantulas.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
damn i need one of those...pet shop here has em but they cost too much

if i cant find one, ill look into a horned species...gotta love the baboons

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
from what ive found thats a pachypus. Although some believe pachypus and longiceps are the same species with different color morphs, i personally do not. pachypus tend to be "cleaner" with less hair while longiceps is more bushy. If you check out this thread theres an example of a longiceps that was bought as a Voi redrump or voi baboon...

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4820&highlight=pachypus

maybe theyre the same maybe not but im gonna lean on pachypus.

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whats the temperament of yours? I have heard lots of people say theirs are tame, but mine almost took my hand off the other night :p

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Male or female?
Unknown, haven't seen the underside yet to give it a good guess (my skills at sexing T's need much improvement)

How do you know it is not a longiceps ?
I agree with Paladin, it looks like E. pachypus IMHO.

whats the temperament of yours?
I'll just say that I was a nervous wreck after I had finally gotten it transferred into his new home. Doesn't play well with others would pretty much sum it up. I heard somewhere they are related to P. murinus (at least in attitude!):)