sling A.Seemani not eating after a molt.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its been about......4 days now... And no matter what I put in its cage, it wont eat. Ive tried dead crickets. Mealworms. Live crickets. Big crickets. Small crickets.... It still wont eat. And I cant see if the molt went bad and it lost its fangs. I just dont know.... If you can help, please post!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had T's go nearly a week without food after a moult, yet others take food less than a day after the process.

Is there any way you can persuade her up against the glass to see the spider's underside?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you also have to make sure that the fangs have hardened back up to that ink-jet-black colour....

and it could just be a quirk -- 4 days? Try almost 4 and a half months with one of my bad boys...

it's alright, the fangs may not even be hard yet, which is good the T isn't eating, cos it could do some pretty good damage to an un-hardend fang.

dont worry

peace,
dave

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok, i feel much better. I put it on some glass, and the fangs are a ink color. But it still isnt eating. Mybe its fasting.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry. T's seem to have some bizarre feeding habits. I now work on the presumption that they'll eat if/when they want to and usually wait about 3 or 4 days postmoult before trying to feed anyway. However, my little versi moulted the other week whilst a cricket was in the tank (I didn't know he was premoult when I recieved him), and proceeded to nail and eat the crick on the same day :eek: He's only 1.5cm across though, so hardening time must have been rather short.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its eating now... I loked in its cage, and saw a little cricket leg hanging out.. It was a funny sight