To burrow or not to burrow??

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
NOT!!.....All my burrowing T's have burrowed and aren't to be seen..lol...but not for long.All the info I've read from books and forums suggests burrowing isn't a necessity..especially if you want to see them frequently.So needless to say Ive changed my tank's setups.All now have appr. 2-3 inches of peat/verm,a shelter and waterdish.Much better.I can actually see them and enjoy them more.Now hopefully they won't bury and web themselves totally in...lol..which they probably will but I would think and hope the chances of seeing and observing them will be a tad more frequent than if they're burrowed under 8-10 inches of substrate.What do you's do...let them burrow or a shallow substrate with a shelter?....peace...

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think it depends on the T, but all my terestrial set ups have a hiding place and most of them use the hiding place instead of burrowing down. Most of them have dug some in their hide, but I can still see most of them. Good luck=D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
My Stripe knee isn't called Digger for nothing!
I gave him about 2 inches of substrate, and thought I would
see more of him:? Well, he moved almost all of the dirt to one side and walled himself up under his little hide.:eek: If you lift
up the box you can see a small hole he left to get in and out.
The whole top is webbed down, even the water dish.
So, they do find a way to hide, even in a small amount of dirt:p