Night Time Temerature

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people drop the temperature in their tanks at night time, or do they keep the temp the same 24 hours.

I have individual in line light dimmers attached to each of my red bulbs, so i can turn them down if I need to.

BelfastScorpion.

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I switch it off for about 6 hours each night. The temperatures are then about 20-22 degrees. Some species I never keep below 25 degrees, but these are exceptions..

I also use a winterperiod, f.e. for a scorpion like Scorpio maurus, with night temperatures of 15-17 degrees, for 2 months or so.

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yep... 27 - 30*C during the day, 22 - 24*C for 8 hours during the night is what i do.. - munis

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Depends on whether the enclosures are heated by pads or lamps. I swich off lamps during the night.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since some months now (last February I think) I'm keeping my scorpions at room temperature all the time.
That means temperature is ranging between 16 to 34C depending on the time of the year and whether its day or night.
Before that I used to keep them constantly between 20-35C all year long.
So far so good and I'm beggining to think that the whole temperature thing is way to over-rated.
Ofcourse I havent made any observations on growth or gestation rate but having to wait a few more months for a scorpion to grow or give birth is absolutely fine with me.

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have pads linked to a thermostate, and heat lamps on a timer. My heat lamps go off abot 6pm back on at 8AM, when the temp falls to my set low the heat pads kick in to maintain a gental warmth.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't drop the temps because there is a fairly large temperature gradient in the set up anyway so I don't feel a drop would have much of an effect.