Post your centipede enclosures.

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm intrested in seeing how everyone sets up their cent's enclosure and how they decorate it.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine only ever burrow, so I haven't seen need to decorate. If I had an S. gigantea, I'd probably decorate with branches and stuff because I've heard they like to climb.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here are some terrs I keep stuff in. For babies, I use a smaller containers til they get 3 or 4 inches. That's just me though. Any decorations are mostly for me. If it helps them out somehow, that's good too.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Great Enclosures Galapoheros what is housed in the sandy looking one with the wood? 4th pic.

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice enclosures todd. Looks like you use both wood and rock for hiding places, which is best?

Tim

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Great Enclosures Galapoheros what is housed in the sandy looking one with the wood? 4th pic.
Hello! There is a female A. moderatum in that one. Going for a sac next year:drool: . She's really moved allot of dirt and is really camped in for the winter.

Hey Tim, I usually see and find heros sp around rocky areas. I don't really know what's best but that's where I usually see them so I like to use flat rocks for S. heros sp. when I put them in terrs. Some people worry about bad mites in wood but I think I've taken care of that prob.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

S. subspinipes.

S: cingulata

The other centipedes has not a really good enclosure.

Cheers
Carles

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scolopendra subspinepes 'vietnam' , Scolopendra subspinepes 'Tiger-leg'

Im hopiong to nuke soome of the local moss, as its very bushy, and would be brilliant for them to hide under, so some alterations will come

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That tigerlegs is beautiful! Mine is about 4", so it's pretty small. Yours must be a lot bigger as it has rich coloration on its legs.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd be interested to see the people who keep TONS of centipedes rooms... My own collection is growing a lot and i'd like to see how you guys actually optimize your space...

phil.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both are approx 7-9inch, i havent actually measured. my tigerlegs a pansey, no aggression whatso eva except tail lashing. The Vietnamese on the other hand, is a nasty lil bastid! lol

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey cacoseraph, you have a tub of mites there? I'm intrigued!

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this is how I keep my pedes, of course it doesn't look like this anymore as all my pedes like to make a mess :)

this is my centipede wall

Bottom

and this is my scorpion wall (old pic almost all petboxes are filled now)

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How does the dried moss work for you/ how do your pedes like it?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How does the dried moss work for you/ how do your pedes like it?
Mine Like to burrow underneath it on a REGULAR basis...I keep it kinda moist though so they dont dry out....But They really LOVE that stuff...Mine seems to Always be rearranging it to fit her needs :p

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And you guys are just using simple spanish moss, or what? I was thinking about putting some moss in my enclosures when I first got mine.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey cacoseraph, you have a tub of mites there? I'm intrigued!
my buddy sent me what he thought might be good mites. they part of that container that is turned away from teh camera says "good m" =P

but i accidentily killed the mites and these totally awesome rove beetles he also sent me by leaving them where the sunlight sweeps across in my room.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the moss is very la very lush green around my area.
Its mainly to help my tiger-leg feel a bit more comfortable..its not really settled in yet, and he hasnt got a particularly decent hide atm.
It will aslo help keep humidity..which is good:)