Poecilotheria ornata or Psalmopoeus irminia

Should I get Poecilotheria ornata or Psalmopoeus irminia?

• Poecilotheria ornata

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Psalmopoeus irminia

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am considering buying a new T :) It will be Poecilotheria ornata (Fringed ornamental) or Psalmopoeus irminia (Suntiger) :D But I just can't choose... :mad: So, this is a big problem =D
Anyway, I have got now Psalmopoeus cambridgei and I love this T. And I have got no species of Poecilotheria... But it doesn't help me to decide for P. ornata... :rolleyes:
What would you suggest? Please, help me just a little bit :D
Thanks for any advices... :)

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That one is a very hard decision. :) I love the pokies' coloration and I'm also totally fascinated by the deep black and orange of the irminia. I voted for the second one though because it was one my wishlist too. I got a little sling about a month ago. She's not yet colored like the adults back already looks really nice.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Few things compare to the beauty of a P. ornata.. gets my vote all the way.. Here's one of my 2 inchers..

Bill

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well thats tough because You have a P.cambridgei, when ever I'm faced with a decision like this I just get both or ALL

but I voted for the P.irminia
Doug

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I voted Psalmopoeus irminia, they are awsome! The coloration, speed, ect. You have to get a Suntiger!

James

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HHHMMMM!

I cannot decide, I will purchase both of them for you!!=D ;)

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i voted for suntiger too :) they really look awesome, understated yet really dazzling

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I wonder if she's still keeping T's? Fingers crossed she responds to you! :)

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
P. irminia! i love the adult coloration of the females and the orange and black of the little ones. i have four myself. :D

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Im gonna vote poeci. You have a Psalm already, and its my understanding that mature irminias can sometimes be pet holes.

or you could do what im doing today, and buy both a P. irminia and a poeci:biggrin:

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The appropriate question is, "*When* should I get a Psamopoeus irminia or Poecilotheria ornata?" You see, this thread has just become the world's first time traveler! You sent it into the past. Nine years into the past to be exact.

You're going to need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity necessary to power the flux capacitor and send this thread back to the future.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
You're going to need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity necessary to power the flux capacitor and send this thread back to the future.
*Snort* Not to mention a Huey Lewis chauffeured DeLorean painted with a scantily clad Lea Thompson:}

Jared781

Arachnobaron
hard to say... Id go for the P. irminia, even though i have no experience with them, YET then again iv always wanted an ornata since the start! so i feel ya dilemma! Although, if the POLL was between: P. regalis and P. irminia.... ID go regalis all the way! My P. regalis is very entertaining! I have a piece of cork bark in there as i do for all my Arboreals that has been anchored down, THEN s.he decided to anchor the webb by throwing substrate and packing it on so basically the finished product is a wall of Sub!!! ahaha very reclusive sp in my opinion although this is just my experience with 1 P. regalis... anyways s.he always goes behind its Great Wall of India if disturbed, and never has displayed a threat pose or any aggression for that matter! BUT keep in mind s.he is only 2.75"+ which I handled plenty of times, yet i dont even handle any of me Ts anymore because i have no interest at all and as iv stated before as it stresses the specimen out... anyways,

"Theres my 2 cents" ahha

JKR

Last edited:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I find it funny people are still trying to answer the 9 year old question.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I have both, IME my P. regalis rarely comes out, maybe it does but Im most likely asleep. P irminia is out usually at least once a week.