p.irminia cage question

suntiger1986

Arachnopeon
i just bought one of those plastic display cases from the craft store for my p.irminia and drilled 3 holes on each side, 12 all together, and got her all set up in there and now i am thinking i should have put more holes in but dont want to break down the cage after i just put her in. Does this seem like enough holes for ventilation?

suntiger1986

Arachnopeon
i guess the holes are about two millimeters across and i havent noticed too much condensation but i just put him in last night

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the holes are much more about ventilation to prevent mold and what not, rather than oxygenating the spider. tarantulas have frealishly low oxy requirements, to the thinking of mammal or herp oriented thinking.

so, like the previous guy said... as long as the cage can dry itself out fairly well, you should be good to go.

one thing i do with those plastic cases is make sure to drill one hole in the bottom, to drain in case of overfilling/watering. it's certainly no big deal if you don't, but it's a little trick myself and others find useful, especially with many bugs