First Aid Kits

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My wife and I are updating our first aid kits for our critters and wanted to get some suggestions from you on what you found works and what doesn't. Interested in suggestions for all critters but mainly:

Cats
Birds
Sugar Gliders
Lizards
Snakes
Tarantulas
Rats
Rabbits
Turtle & Tortises
Frogs

Thanks!

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've found that its good to have an Epi Pen in first aid kits (especially when dealing with Scorps and T's) But I've not used it...Also Some of that instant hand cleaner stuff with mostly Ethyl Alchol in it Works well too :p
Hope that helps a bit

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry I can't help you but woa quite a collection:D
It is quite a collection. My two little ones love every single pet we have. As a matter of fact, my 2 year old warmed up to our snakes before she warmed up to our babysitters dogs.:p

jwmeeker

Arachnopeon
Some type of electrolyte solution for a dehydrated animal. Gatorade works just fine.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
Are any of the snakes venomous? if so a venom extraction kit and a black magic marker may come in handy.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've found that its good to have an Epi Pen in first aid kits (especially when dealing with Scorps and T's) But I've not used it...Also Some of that instant hand cleaner stuff with mostly Ethyl Alchol in it Works well too :p
Hope that helps a bit
unless your doctor gave you a prescription for that epipen due to pre-existing allergy conditions it is much more dangerous than useful to have around.

it won't help unless you are dying of anaphylaxis. if you just get hot stung and then stick yourself with an epipen the overwhelming odds are you just made things significantly worse. you could give yourself fatal tachycardia (heart beats so fast you die from it, fun!)

this is not directed just at SoSty but anyone who is keeping an epipen

jwmeeker

Arachnopeon
Just thought of this too. Some Furazon and/or neosporin for small cuts and scratches.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
#1 in that kit is the number of a veterinarian and experienced friends. That way the kit will also be helpful for when someone else finds the problem other than you, and for when your in over your head and need assistance.