whats wrong

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Need more info. How old is he/she? What happened before you noticed this? anything that can point us in the right direction would help.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Would need more info, but one thought might be she had an injury. Another thought maybe she is molting?

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like a possible moult without flipping over.
Make sure the humidity is high and minimize stress.

If it doesn't look like a moult is happening after 24 hours or so, try to heal that up with some nu skin. But dont go sealing the beginnings of a moult together....not exactly the best idea.

Keep us posted!

raywells

Arachnopeon
cheetah ask how old im not sure it was purchased through a pet shop it was a order.as far as injurys could have happend during shipping.i just got home an checked on it.an doesn't appear to be as much fluid.i guess this isthe drawbacks of ordering from a petshop.also i hear 99.9% of larger T's are wild caught.i'll keep a eye on it.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Based on what you are saying, it sounds like your T will be fine. You never know what kind of condition your T was shipped in. I'm assuming you just bought it so it is very likely that the injury happened during shipment. Keep an eye on her and make sure she has a water dish with water at all times. The most important thing is that your T keeps itself hydrated. Let us know if the bleeding doesn't stop soon. If it doesn't, since T blood has no clotting agent, you'll have to use something to put on the injury to help it clott. Clear nail polish works and if you don't have that you can just put some of your substrate on the injury. That will stick to the injury and help it clott.

It's a good looking tarantula you have and she should be fine. ;)