Molting Questions

raiderbaby17

Arachnopeon
My a. avicularia just molted for the first time since I've had it and it's the first time I've seen a molt at all. (Newbie) It happened over the weekend beween Saturday and Monday. I pulled the molt out of her tunnel web, but I don't know if I should do anything else. Any suggestions? Shan

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You should not bother her until shes able to eat again. If she's not too big, it'll take around 3 to 9 days for her to get beck to mormal. If she's adult size, it could take 2 or 3 weeks or longer if she had problems. After a week or two, give her a cricket and if she doesn't eat it in a day or so, take it out. Keep trying every couple of days until she eats, then you can do whatever. Until then, leave her alone or she could injure herself because her exo has not hard yet. Make sure she has water. Other than that, there's nothing you need to do.:D

raiderbaby17

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I was told she's about a year and 1/2 old, so I guess she's not an adult yet. She seems to be fine. Still hanging in the tunnel. I've heard elseware that they're really hungry afterward. So I'll wait a few more days before I feed her and see what happens.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She will be hungry but she can't eat until her fangs are hard. Don't worry, she'll know when it's ok to eat. ;)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Does it have access to a water dish? It is important to provide them with water either in a dish or through misting after a moult. Other than that just let it be until it hardens up, and it will depend on its size as to how long that will take.