free range Ts

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so.. if you were a 1" P.formosa sling that was running wild where would you hide? or would it be best to wait till you come out prowling for a better place to hide at night? any ideas.. thanks! haha:?:wall:

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
luckily whenever a formosa sling makes a break for it they seem to hide from me on my face...

I think th best thing would be to close any doors and windows turn off th light then come back in about half an hour to an hour

DFW Tfan

Arachnopeon
You also may consider putting out some water... Creatures head for the waterhole!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found my A. purpurea on the wall close to the ceiling. They like to live under posters too. tack a poster loosely to the wall close to the ceiling and see if it doesnt get cozy.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
**update**

After more than a month of lamenting my poor baby P.formosa.. I went to bed tonight and for some reaosn decided to do something I havent done in a while... read.. so I got a book put on my light and sat in my bed to read a little.. now I wanted to sleep but ended up having an urge to do this.. so as I sit iin bed and hold up the book I look into the corner of my room above my hanging plant and thin DAMN!! thats a crazy ass spider! I should catch that..{D

and then I think..:? That sure looks like a pokie.. but all my pokes are well housed and much bigger...

that IS a pokie!! (sorry for bad pics but you have to understand it was hard enough to stop and take pics before I tried catchig it.)
and so I caught it!!

And now I have my little P.formosa back... and it looks like it has molted and is well fed :D I guess there are pluses to having loose crickets in the house :D Anyways thats my story.. been one crazy day I tell ya!

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
cool story - congrats on having your formosa back!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet! It looks like it is in the same spot my A. purpurea was when I found her in my room! Bigger looking, next to the ceiling, and very near a hanging plant. :D

YAY for finding the bugger! :D

carrieh

Arachnopeon
Thats goood you found it. If that happened to me my kids would be freaking if they saw it loose. They only like the ones I have when they are in their containers.{D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Yay! I'm so glad you found it, and it looks great too! That's cool that it moulted and found food while on the lam.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats. Maybe there is still hope of me finding my old C. schmarde. :clap:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's awsome man. I hope I have that kind of luck if any of mine ever get out. Good story.