Lighting

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes you can

red light rules...spiders don't seen to mind being lit up in red and you can catch all of their night actions

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any light would be ok just as long as there is not a lot of heat comming off of it. T's are pretty much blind but they can easily sense day and night so an off color would be a good idea. They do have glowing night light bulbs, have thought about those?

Arachno~Raver

Arachnopeon
I've heared you can get something called a dark light but have not found them for sale in eny local shops not even gadget shops maybe try a black light as well:?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there are several options for night time lighting. one is, like you said the infrared(red) bulb. there are two other night time bulbs that you may like, depending on the look you want. there are "moon-glo" which are blue in color, and "night-glo" which are purple in color (black light) all three of these are made by exo-terra and should be readily available at any reptile pet store or online.

p.s. make sure you get one of the 15 watt bulbs....anything else will produce too much heat!

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I use the 25w night glo black lights 1 for a 10 gallon tank with 2 kk in it and a wall mounted lamp over a large kk for heat. I live in the Sanfrancisco Bay area and the nights get cold here this time of year. Im sure a 15w would be good for me to use in the warmer months.

jharr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use blue LEDs in my reef tank for night viewing. I think they would also work for Ts since they don't really give any heat. It is pretty simple to make a DIY led fixture with parts from Radio Shack. That way you can make it as bright or dim as you want by adding more LEDs.

Just a thought.
J--

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No lighting for my Ts but I have a blue neon light on my fan fixture(came with the fan), Is this harmful to the T? It doesn't give off heat just gives the room a cobalt blue effect if I don't have it on with the regular fan lamps..{D

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No lighting for my Ts but I have a blue neon light on my fan fixture(came with the fan), Is this harmful to the T? It doesn't give off heat just gives the room a cobalt blue effect if I don't have it on with the regular fan lamps..{D
i wouldnt think it would be harmful. i mean they DO understand the difference between daylight and dark. so if the room is totally dark all the time with nothing more than the blue neon...then yeah...that might make them a little confused but other than that id say you are safe.