centipede venom everywhere!!!

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:? just curious...never seen before with any of my pedes,,,but my viet. orange leg..s.s.de hanni is dripping venom all over her critter keeper... she is eating a cricket but has the cricket pinned up against the side of the cage. and there is a stream of milky liquid running down the side...is it the venom?
after it dries is it still as toxic?
anyone seen this before?
thanks in advance
tom

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:? just curious...never seen before with any of my pedes,,,but my viet. orange leg..s.s.de hanni is dripping venom all over her critter keeper... she is eating a cricket but has the cricket pinned up against the side of the cage. and there is a stream of milky liquid running down the side...is it the venom?
after it dries is it still as toxic?
anyone seen this before?
thanks in advance
tom
No, sounds like the crickets inside fluids. When ever i kill or squish one, milky white stuff comes out like you described....

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldnt have thought it was venom, purely because they cant store that much in there glands, i would guess if it was venom that there would be something seriously wrong with it.
As its eating though, i wouldnt worry about it. just check and see if he does it again some other time.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok ok

i was just curious didn't wanna be cleaning out the cage...tough the dried up old venow and then rub my eye or something...and have my eye get digested(wow thats nasty...i just gave myself a visual) anyone with any more info?...this guy or girl..(i don't know how to tell) is about 8-9 inches. and totally physcho.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Curiously enough when moving one of my S. suspinipes I witnessed it bite the forcep and spray a stream of venom onto the glass three inches away.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i dunno about your eye but every time i have licked venom nothing happened.

the only thing i have gotten in my eye so far is Avicularia poop =P

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, was that in the same hope as licking bufo marinus? lol
A couple of my peyote loving freinds asked me if you can trip off of a bite from a T or pede..lol!
Did make me wonder, i didnt c no reason y not tbh