Post molt feeding frenzy

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My curlyhair stopped eating a week before its molt and to be cautious I didn't attempt to feed it for a week after the molt to make sure everything(fangs mostly) hardened up adequately. Today I fed the little monster. The cricket walked less than a half inch before the substrate beneath it exploded with spider legs and disappeared just as quickly. This curly has been eating full sized crickets all day. I 've been throwing one in every couple hours since this morning and its opened up its burrow to facilitate cricket ambush and has been very actively attacking crickets and eating them with an enthusiasm I have not seen before. Its so cool. She has her appetite back and everything is working fine. She's certainly giving her new stomach lining a workout. If she would come out in the open so I could see her better she would be my favorite spider :D

slice9

Arachnopeon
My rose hair did the same thing its last molt. Just be ready for the time when you throw a cricket in and it gets ignored, its weird going from 3 crickets a day to 1 a week. My redknee molted last friday and I can't wait to start feeding it and fattening it up again. Nothing more satisfying than a hungry T!

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I expect the feeding to decrease and usually I don't feed the fully mature crickets like I've done today. I've been getting 2/3 sized immatures and gutload them for about week before feeding them. No noise or cricket eggs to worry about and it feels like I'm feeding them more than I actually am because of their smaller size which satisfies my desire to see my Ts eat. I also read on a reptile site that smaller immature crickets are more nutritious and have less chitin ratio to size. I don't know if its true but it can't hurt just as long as the crickets are big enough to evoke a feeding response. :D