Spider bite....?

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi

I have a question for anybody who knows about spider bites.

I live in northern california, to start.

I noticed last night, a small red spot on my right cheek. it felt pretty sore, like being hit or punched. There was no swelling, just hurt a little.

Well....i woke up this morning, and where the red area now had a large spot in the same area. it was kind of like a large zit. After i scratched it a bit, it left a noticable red mark in the spot. I tried peroxide, but it hasnt came down at all. anybody know what it could be? if not, i'll try to post a pic.

BTW, the suposed "bite" area is about 1/4 the size of my pinkie nail.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi

I have a question for anybody who knows about spider bites.

I live in northern california, to start.

I noticed last night, a small red spot on my right cheek. it felt pretty sore, like being hit or punched. There was no swelling, just hurt a little.

Well....i woke up this morning, and where the red area now had a large spot in the same area. it was kind of like a large zit. After i scratched it a bit, it left a noticable red mark in the spot. I tried peroxide, but it hasnt came down at all. anybody know what it could be? if not, i'll try to post a pic.

BTW, the suposed "bite" area is about 1/4 the size of my pinkie nail.
It could very well be exactly what you described it as-a large zit. I used to be plagued by just the sort of things you described in my younger years, and they had nothing to do with spiders. Quite often, ingrown fine hairs can cause some really nasty boils, which can appear suddenly and be very large and painful. I'd bet that many of these get blamed on spiders.

pitbulllady

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It could very well be exactly what you described it as-a large zit. I used to be plagued by just the sort of things you described in my younger years, and they had nothing to do with spiders. Quite often, ingrown fine hairs can cause some really nasty boils, which can appear suddenly and be very large and painful. I'd bet that many of these get blamed on spiders.

pitbulllady
Phew...ok, thanks a lot for that. it looks like it's healing alright, just hurts a lot :8o

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
HEY! No fair! You guys resolved this without my 2 cents. I'm almost positive it was a Brazilian wandering reclusive toilet clock spider!

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
HEY! No fair! You guys resolved this without my 2 cents. I'm almost positive it was a Brazilian wandering reclusive toilet clock spider!
My friend's cousin's girlfriend's uncle's coworker's niece knew a guy from her dog park whose sister's fiancee's twin's pastor's son who was bitten by one. The doctor said so! Almost lost his legs.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
My friend's cousin's girlfriend's uncle's coworker's niece knew a guy from her dog park whose sister's fiancee's twin's pastor's son who was bitten by one. The doctor said so! Almost lost his legs.
Thanks guys. I was having a bad day...:laugh: