whooo hooo!Just Bought 4 Indian Violets!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yes you heard it 4 1.5" indian violets(chilobrachys fimbriatus), i sent the money out today, this is gonna be nice i'm gonna make them the centerpeice in my collectiion, i absolutly love the looks of these t's! does anyone know of a caresheet for this species? or could you offer advice on how to keep them best, thanks--Jeff
ps. another cool thing is that they are from 2 seperate bloodlines!

Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well i did a search and i came up with six pages of stuff mostly(lots of pics) everything is in german or another language?:? could any of you guy who owned/own some indian violets please fill me in on how you keep yours and what kind of experiences you have with yours, thanks very much i 'd really appreciate it--Jeff

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
How NOT to keep one..

Next to a window, with a roomate watching it while you're out of town.

That said, before I left my 2 inch alone for a few weeks, I did well with 4 inches of peat, a kritter keeper, and 72 degrees, with misting every other day.

It was a demon when it came to eating.

but, like I said.. mine died when I went out of town, and the heat went out.

Bill

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

thanks bill!, man i bet you were PO'd! ahh good eaters too huh great!, wonder if they have a fast growth rate? cool i'll setup some wide delicups for them with some semi deep subsrtarte for them, althoug i may just keep them in vial until they do get to 2" then switch em over to the cups, i was looking around all over the net and i found 1 caresheet on minax and it was'nt very clear wish i could read german:) thanks again--Jeff

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
From just over an inch, to two inches and much more bulky in one molt.. mine was a really good grower when I HAD her..

Bill

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use google to do searches and many of the foreign language sites that come up have a "translate" option. The translation isn't the best but if you read it a couple times you get the meaning.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey good idea, lol !i can't belave i did'nt think of google,lol, thanks--Jeff

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have kept these guys as well as C.huahini i kept both of them similar. i kept very accurate records on their metabolism etc.. i'll post them later. i'm 1/2 awake right now.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by Craig
i have kept these guys as well as C.huahini i kept both of them similar. i kept very accurate records on their metabolism etc.. i'll post them later. i'm 1/2 awake right now.

great! can't wait to check em out, how did you keep yours if you don't mind me asking?, thanks--Jeff

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
woo hoo

I have 2 gravid females:
one now has sealed her burrow and making her eggsac and the other Im awaiting her to do te same

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
sorry for extra post

i mispelled in the previous post "im way tired give me a break" btw jeff remember to keep you indian violets dry all it needs is a water dish "no misting "

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

wow keep them dry? just a water dish, well thats simple ok cool. Awesome you have a gravid female! now that must be nice:) do you overfill the dish at all? wow i thought they were a tropical species, shows how much i know--Jeff

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
weapon-x--

you can't start a thread like this and NOT post pictures. what's wrong with you?!? ; )

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is the number one tarantula on my wishlist right now. They are abosolutely gorgeous.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by krystal
weapon-x--

you can't start a thread like this and NOT post pictures. what's wrong with you?!? ; )

well there not here yet, but i promise when thy do arrive i'll post a bunch of pics:)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think that they are pretty much like Haplopelmas. That is why I won't get one. They used to be my number 1 rated spider based on appearance. But I just don't have any patience for a spider that that spends all its time underground.

Jon

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I think that they are pretty much like Haplopelmas. That is why I won't get one. They used to be my number 1 rated spider based on appearance. But I just don't have any patience for a spider that that spends all its time underground.

Jon
I thought that would be the case, but mine snubs the dirt and prefers to make his own web, rather like you'd expect from an Usambara :) I actually get to see it pretty often

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry i didn't get back to you on this for a while. i hope your spiders are doing good. one thing i have been interested in is t metabolism. from the cards i filled out and tracking the times the trantula has molted, i can get a good idea of how to alter variables to get them to grow how you want them. this in the process also keeps them very healthy.

the variables include the obvious like temp, humidity, and food intake.

here is the molting schedule that my t followed.
the spider was aquired as a spiderling on feb 04/01
feeding the spider crickets every other day it followed this molt pattern.
02/14
03/15
04/20
05/22
06/28--at this time i made a positive sex id. (femle)

the growth then slowed to
08/17
10/08--??
12/16

after this i sold the spider. i hope this info was interesting to read. does anyone else have records on this species? and if so how do they compare to mine?