Poecilotheria regalis egg care insights?

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well one of my female P. regalis finally made an egg sac this weekend (after living with her man for 4-5 months). So I'm looking for any advice on things to do, things not to do, favorable conditions etc. - personal experiences that give the best chance of developing. Doing searches hasn't provided much reliable information...

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Randy,

First off, your pictures are simply amazing! :eek:

Congrats on the egg sac!

This is what I've been doing and it's worked so far:

I try to keep the RH around 60-70% and the substrate relatively moist / damp (depending on how well ventilated the female's tank is). I also cover half the tank with a cloth in order to give her as much privacy as possible, while maintaining humidity.

I find that temperature significantly affects the development of the eggs / nymphs, i.e. higher temperatures = faster development and lower mortality. 26-28C is ideal for this species IMO.

Cheers and good luck,

Emmanuel

yveskevin

Arachnopeon
sorry for reviving this thread. i just got curious, would'nt increasing the temp result in the eggs drying up? or it is ok as long as humidity is up as well?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
For 6 months, my spider room is 90 degrees dayime and 80 at night. Room humidity is 60%, higher in the cages. I run ceiling fans during the day. Egg sacs haven't dried up for me, they're sealed pretty well inside layers of silk. One thing I have notcied is that they deveolp faster, and are a week+ ahead of sacs that people kept cooler.