Goliath BirdEater

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello all! We are getting a Goliath Birdeater (T.Blondi) and was wondering if anyone who has had experience with them to give me some advice because this will be our first T. Blondi.Oh forgot to mention it will be 2" to 2.5"

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
unless your T can sing THE TIDE IS HIGH, i'd stick with "T.BlondI" no e :)

read up on some info about the species, as I've found, they're not that that difficult to keep, but i know many people who have lost their blondi's to bad molts.

check out the care sheet, and then bring us back some questions!!! :)

good luck!
peace,
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
once i find my cameras in some box here, i'll snap some pics of my blondi! They're all still calming down after my 1,000 mile drive out here!

pce,
dave

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got mine at 1 inch ivbe had it four months and now its 4 inches, they grow fast and eat a lot! cover 70 percent of the top with seran wrap to keep the humidity in. I would suggest going to wall mart and buying a temp/humidity guage, there only 15 bucks humidity should be around 80% temp from 75 to 85 i mist the terrarium every otherr day and keep a full water dish. and don't be surprized if it doesn't eat for a few days after you get it. hope this helps

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woohoo!! The T.Blondi is here ! Well now I am wanting on some input on what to feed it. It is 2'' to 2.5'' and we have buy crickets at pet stores because we don't have anything to breed crickets with. So I would like some input on that. :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
feed it cickets for the first few molts after its about 3.5 to 4" you can start feeding it frozen pinky mice... thawed out of course I wouldn't recomend trying to breed crickets. ive tried a few times and never had any success... i hate crickets!

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
>i got mine at 1 inch ivbe had it four months and now its 4 inches, they grow fast and eat a lot!

I will bet this one is a male for sure. My male went from 1 inch to 10 in about 18 months. My 4 inch female is already 12 months and eats about half as much as my male.
I always keep the substraight a little moist, water dish full and have had no molting problems. I think the wild caught ones do though. Maybe they are dehydrated before the molt.

Gothiaths are great....good luck.

Bob