Question about burrowing P. Murinus

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My murinus has sealed himself up in his burrow and quit taking food so that can only mean one thing. A MOLT!!!!! Well it got me thinking, If I can't see him how do I know if he's done molting? Also I don't want to feed him too early and cause a broken fang but I don't want to go longer than I need. I just can't see the little bugger so I don't know when he's done so I can start counting the days til feeding? Any ideas?

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
once its about don't feed it for a week. If it still refuses wait another week.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well once he burrows he's never "about" It's kinda like having an evil pet hole!

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They push the molt out most of the time you can wait a few days after that and try feeding or they usually come to the entrance of their hide waiting for some crickets.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My murinus has sealed himself up in his burrow and quit taking food so that can only mean one thing. A MOLT!!!!!
Actually that's not correct. Sometimes they just like the extra security that sealing up the entrance provides. Mine spends almost all of her time sealed in and rarely comes out. I usually just throw a few crickets in with her and let her be.

Don't rush to feed you spider once it molts. It doesn't benefit anyone/anything but yourself. Give it anywhere from a week or two after molting before trying to feed it. Try to provide it with plenty of clean water. Spiders are a lot hardier than people give them credit for.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well PYST you proved me wrong....After reading your post I put a cricket in there and after a few minutes she grabbed it up. Good call!!!!